Westfield Matildas' captain Sam Kerr is among six nominees in the running to be crowned FA Women’s Super League Player of the Season, as chosen by the supporters.
After a mixed first campaign for Chelsea in 2019/20, much of it disrupted by COVID, the 2020/21 season has seen the Aussie forward very much establish herself to the English football public. Kerr leads the Women's Super League goal-scoring charts with 18 goals from 20 matches.
This output is exemplified by a remarkable rate of scoring, with a goal for every 76 minutes on the pitch.
Two league matches remain and the Blues are in the box seat to retain the Women’s Super League trophy. On the continential front, they are in a tight battle to advance to a UEFA Champions League Final against Bayern Munich on Sunday.
The voting process is open for all supporters to have their say and select their favourite individual, with the winner to be announced on the 14th May.
With immense talent shown from all six candidates, including Chelsea teammate Fran Kirby, Australia’s number 20 will need the nation’s support to help get her across the line.
The FA Women’s Super League Player of the Year nominees:
- Chloe Kelly (Forward / England / Manchester City)
- Sam Kerr (Forward / Australia / Chelsea FC)
- Izzy Christiansen (Midfielder / England / Everton FC
- Sam Mewis (Midfielder / United States / Manchester City)
- Vivianne Miedema (Forward / Netherlands / Arsenal FC)
- Fran Kirby (Forward / England / Chelsea FC)